Thursday, December 31, 2009

Recently Finished (and Recommended)

Intellectual Devotional (Original) by David S. Kidder and Noah D. Oppenheim

Well, technically I won't be done with this book until tonight, but close enough. I went out of order in reading the Intellectual Devotionals - I recommended the American History one earlier in October. This one had a much wider focus, looking at issues all over the world and from all sorts of areas of study. Religion and music, art and science, history and philosophy, with so many tidbits of information ranging from people to ideas. More interesting than your gradeschool history book and offered up in page-sized bites, it's a smart way to end the day.

Check back tomorrow to see which one I plan on starting for the new year!


Notes from the playlist: "Baby, I Love Your Way" by Peter Frampton

No comments:

Caraval by Stephanie Garber

Whoops! I completely forgot to mention this. Last month I reviewed Stephanie Garber's amazing book Caraval for the web blog I curre...