Saturday, July 21, 2012

Currently Reading


 







The Mistress's Revenge by Tamar Cohen

I picked this up as an ARC because it sounded interesting.  After all, it was described as "Fatal Attraction in the age of Facebook."  Sounds like a party to me.  It's written in journal format which is an interesting but still effective way to do it.  It really gives readers the chance to be right in the psyche of a woman who's been dumped by her lover after a 5 year affair.  So where will it go?  What will she do?  Well, she's already getting buddy-buddy with her former lover's wife so...I think we can all see where this is going.  Although I hear there's a twist at the end.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  Thusfar it's been a pretty entertaining read and so I say kudos to Cohen for an engaging debut.




Notes from the playlist: "Love Bites (So Do I)" by Halestorm

No comments:

Caraval by Stephanie Garber

Whoops! I completely forgot to mention this. Last month I reviewed Stephanie Garber's amazing book Caraval for the web blog I curre...